Monday, January 10, 2011

Atlanska

I don't think I will be getting on the motorbike for a couple of days.  Although, the thought stirs something deep inside of wonderful images I have seen of other peoples bikes in the snow.  However, I have neither chains for the bike, training wheels, a side car or a death wish.  :)

Snow 9:40PM
Snow beginning to fall at 9:40 pm


Snow 10:30PM
Cold day meant the ground was ready for it to stick


Snow 10:30PM
About an hour later we already have about 2 inches


Snow 9:30AM
Day dawned with about 5 inches
Alas, the snowing has stopped.  But the freezing rain is expected to continue.  Luckily we don't seem to be hit with the freezing rain.  And since the temps never rose above 30F today my back walkway still looks exactly like that!

Work is closed, so we have been sitting around watching Long Way Round and Long Way Down to fulfill our wanderlust.  We seriously debated taking the truck into the mountains...but opted to stay warm and dry in the living room.

Hope everyone else is having a great day!

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I didn't think Atlanta ever got more than a dusting of snow. I think I would head for the mountains as it's supposed to snow up there. Maybe the drivers would be a bit more sane. Maybe dig a snow cave...

    Stay warm!
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the title of the post :)

    You may have more snow than we do, but we're working on catching up. It's been snowing since mid-afternoon. The forecast was for 4 to 6 inches, but I don't think we will get that much, more like 2 to 4in.

    I think you guys were wise to just stay put.
    ~Keith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori:

    I was going to gloat . . . but now we have a snow warning for a bit tonight and more for Tuesday night. Right now it is clear, cold and the roads are frosty.

    It must be the global warming thing again

    bob
    bobskoot: wet coast scootin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it normal for Atlanta to get that much snow? I thought the weather over there would be a bit milder. Well, it looks pretty, though. A good reason to watch 'Long way...' Hang in there! SonjaM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lori, was wonderig about you as not heard from you for a while. Bummer about the weather hopeully it will improver soon for you.....i do genuinely feel for you guys over there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No fair! Hundreds of miles North of you and we get a lousy inch? Wife did get a snow day though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stuck inside and watching Long Way Round and Long Way Down with hubby.... I can't think of a better way to spend a snow day. Good choice.

    Hope your snow melts soon so you can get out and ride. Do they use a lot of gravel out there? That is all they seem to use on the frosty roads here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snow sure makes everything look so pretty, but I still say it belongs in the mountains. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What? No hot chocolate? We just got hooked on peppermint hot chocolate from Trader Joe's. What a mistake.

    Interesting lighting on a couple of the photos. Very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Atlanta in snow and ice - like one big bumper car rink! I'm glad you opted for staying off the roads, definitely safer. Are you still enjoying time off or getting cabin fever already? From what I have heard, the cold temps have stuck around.
    The snow must have been coming down fast and furious to get those first couple of photos and have 2 inches of snow in an hour.
    Stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gah! We just got rid of (most of) ours. Hope you've got snow-cleats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's beautiful and I can see you appreciate it like I used to. I never thought the work was too much. I hope you are snuggling in front of the fireplace with the critters, eating bon bons and drinking hot chocolate.
    Love to your both,

    USM

    ReplyDelete