Monday, September 13, 2010

A Great Multiple Sclerosis Ride

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I had the great pleasure of working at the Multiple Sclerosis annual bicycle event at Callaway Gardens this weekend.  I met some wonderful fellow Motorcycle Marshals.  I was able to ride with many that I had ridden with in April on the Atlanta to Athens MS Ride.  But I met many wonderful people on the actual RIDE...as in...riding their bicycles!  Congratulations to all those who participated!  You did a wonderful job pedaling all those damn hills in that horrid heat and unrelenting sun!  It was brutally hot and you are GREAT!

Morning clouds on Saturday burned off to brutally hot temps of 95+ F.

 Everyone lining up for the Sunday start.  Over 1000 bicycles in that lineup back there.

More information and pictures to come...after two delayed ride reports.  But I just had to give a shout out for all of the bicyclists.  Utmost respect for the job they did in these conditions.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you too for surviving that heat in all of your motorcyclists gear and garb for a good cause.
    I hope karma brings you a cool, sweet ride next time you are out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rob! I was just amazed at the people that were doing the hard work. They deserve tons of kudos. This time around I made friends with some of the riders as I helped some repeatedly and others when we sat and chatted for a length of time while they recuperated a little.

    I definitely is a great experience helping them in their goals.

    -Lori

    ReplyDelete